Research, design and development
Professional, Engineer & Manager
In order to support the activities of one of our Aerospace customer, we are looking for engineers to develop the Loads activities of Safran Engineering Services in the UK.
You will be responsible for performing loads analysis of aircraft components on various aircraft programs.
- - Responsible for timely and accurate calculation of loads for all relevant programs.
- - Loads calculation on specific wing component but also complete wing.
- - Checks and explanations of the loads distribution.
- - Write loads reports and presentation to the customer.
- - Generate documentations to support the calculation
- - Attend meetings with customer.
Degree level or equivalent in Aeronautical or Mechanical Engineering
- - Prior assignment in a loads engineer position would be beneficial, but a previous experience as stress Engineer in Wing/Aircraft environment will be considered at the same level of interest
- - Knowledge in UNIX environment
- - Knowledge in programing languages such as Matlab, Python, VBA would be beneficial
- - Good knowledge and understanding about aircraft and flight physics would be beneficial
- - Excellent knowledge of MS Office EXCEL/ Word
- - Team oriented, self-motivated and willing to take responsibility
- - Able to work to tight, demanding deadlines and customer demands
- - Ability to work effectively within an integrated project team
- - Customer focused/Able to establish credibility with internal and external customers
- - Interest in mechanical/technical advances
- - Good written and oral Communication skills
Specificity of the job
Some UK travel maybe required
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector.
Safran Engineering Services offers high-technology engineering services in the fields of aerospace, energy and ground transportation. Building on 30 years' experience, the company relies on 3,000 engineers dotted across nine countries worldwide.
Project Lead Design EngineerPublished on 05/11/2021Gloucester, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom Regular Full time Mechanics
Space Business LeadPublished on 02/17/2021Gloucester, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom Regular Full time Electronics & Automation
Chef de projet GNSS - Domaine Spatial H/FPublished on 05/05/2021Blagnac, France Regular Full time Software